Deeper Dimensions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deeper Dimensions

Deeper Dimensions Bloodwars Clan led by Anguish and Lake.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Top Tips & Techniques

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lake

Top Tips & Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Top Tips & Techniques   Top Tips & Techniques I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:25 am

This thread will cover things that I, personally, feel benefits me when playing. Other peoples's play styles and preferences may differ, but this is what I feel works best.

Top Tips

1. Always check your gear before an attack or a quest:
- If your going to attack someone who you know needs a certain type of gear to be able to kill, always check that you have that equipped.

2. Take into note player race & anticipate arcana used.
- I used to play as a Cursed One. Every time I went up against an absorber and used Horror, they had at least 1 point of Power of Absorbtion. I'm sure Anguish can testify to this; it is really annoying. 9 times out of 10, they have at least 1 point of PoA, and that basically screws up BM + CO Act II arcana.

3. Never logout with out equipping defence gear.
- I can think of quite a few situations where my defence gear has saved me. No matter how low/easy to defeat it is, equip it. You'll always get some low down noob trying to farm you. Your defence gear may not defend you against the hunks, but it will against the noobs.

4. Always make sure you can equip the item before you upgrade.
- There's nothing worse than upgrading an item which is vital for your main gear, and you need one more stat point to be able to use it. When upgrading, it shows you higher upgrades. Click on them, and the item effects and requirements will be shown at a higher level.

5. Don't get "Buy Happy".
- Don't go around buying crap off the auctions. If your main gear is sorted, and other parts are nearly ready, train. You could spend much needed stones on absolute crap.

6. Always work towards a merge.
- One of the things that keeps this game amazing is it's wide range of merges. You could turn yourself into a right profit maker if you merged the right materials into something much dearer.

7. Aim High.
- Attacking the same people and doing the same quests everyday seems boring. And yes, it is quite. But the rewards you reap from doing so are phenomenal.

Top Techniques

1. Equip BP increasing gear before joining.
- To get the best potential out of your character, more arcana = more results. Blood Point increasing gear such as Shamastic/ of Blood or even just a plain old Mask would help towards success. Always use this gear before joining a siege or an expo.

2. Spy Before Attack.
- If you've never attacked the guy before, and don't know what gear he uses, spy beforehand. It could mean the difference in an ambush; you can adjust your gear to beat his.

3. Have Sets for Different things.
- Everyones preferences are different when it comes to this. But generally the outcome seems to be the same. Have different sets to kill different characters. Eg, a Reputation set, to be able to hit and kill snipers. An agility set, to be able to hit and kill 2h Melee. Even if your tattoos don't work, use the gear. It might help you out.

4. Bid small, get higher.
- If winning an auction looks easy at first, wait until you get into a bidding war. Play with your opponents mind. Biding small and getting higher gradually can throw off your opponent's confidence. Yes, you may overbid on an item you want, but if it's really important, then it's really worth it.
(NOTE: if you bid within 30 seconds of the auction's finishing time, the auction will be extended).

I'll add more later if I can think of any.
If anyone has their own ways of playing, please be free to post it below. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bloodwars.net
Angelis

Angelis

Top Tips & Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Tips & Techniques   Top Tips & Techniques I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 5:07 am

Nice, this will be a sticky ;o
Back to top Go down

Top Tips & Techniques
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deeper Dimensions :: Clan Discussion - Register to view most of the forum :: Set ups/Guides-
Jump to: